Friday, February 3, 2012

Artist of the Week: Ahmad Akili


We first crossed paths performing on New Years Eve at the W Hotel in Fort Lauderdale. It's been all love ever since. Ahmad Akili is planning his attack on the South Florida scene with an EP Don't Wake Up itching to be released. You may recognize the name from some features we've done together (Nights We Can't Remember, Take Over the City, I'm On One Remix). Ahamad is not only a cool dude, but my go to guy for vocals. I've been able to witness his progression, and his voice has really came into its own over time. He grabbed a lot of attention from his debut video "Don't Wake Up" and rightfully so. I had the pleasure of hearing the EP before it hits the net and I was more than impressed with his captivating hooks, feel good beats (Yes, he produces as well), and witty punchlines. Keep a close ear to the South Florida native and follow him @AhmadAkili

CHECKOUT the official video for Don't Wake Up RIGHT HERE: