Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Lupe Talks New Album & CRS Project


Courtesy of HHG:
Lupe Fiasco is ready to release his next solo album, Lasers. Appearing on Green Lantern's Invasion Radio, the Chicago MC revealed he just turned over the finished product to Atlantic Records. No release date has been set yet, it's his first release since 2007.

He also talked about the much anticipated project, CRS, featuring himself, Kanye West and PharrellWilliams.

"Pharrell hit me the other day, and he was like, 'Yo, we really need to do this Child Rebel Soldiers project,' " the rapper said during his Shade 45 interview. "We did, like, four songs [so far]. So that's four songs of Lupe Fiasco that your punk ass don't got. Hopefully, it's coming soon. But I'm not gonna stray anybody off [their own projects] like that. Pharrell hit me the other day and said we need to go back into the studio and do some more songs. I don't know what Kanye's doing, but we'll figure it out."

"Pharrell came up with the idea — 'Let's do a group, Child Rebel Soldiers,' " Fiasco told MTV News in April 2008. "So I did a song. Took Thom Yorke's 'Eraser,' cut it up, put 'Us Placers' on it, because I was going to do a mixtape called Us Placers and remake Thom Yorke's album [The Eraser] and Radiohead's stuff. I sent the record out, and it was initially supposed to have Kanye, and I wanted the Streets. The Streets, I got no response. He asked me to do the song for one of his artists. Then Kanye jumped on it and was like, 'I'm going to send it to P.' Then P sent it back, and it was like, 'This is the first song right here. Let's do it.' That was, like, a year and a half ago, and the whole time we've been figuring out what to do."